Saturday, March 26, 2011

March 24th KNit Night!

Amidst much complaining, (from me) & whining, (again from me) and gnashing of teeth, (ummmm do I really need to say by who?), I began the sweater that is a simple knit in the round top down sweater on large needles.  I, who am not a fan of knitting on anything over a size ten needle caved & bought the crap...I mean lovely pattern & fiber for my own top down large needle sweater.  Chris reminded me of the knit on cast-on & I was off and running.  It was really more like a slow crawl but I wanted to impress you with that running bit.  The truth is the last time I ran, a toddler was heading bawls out towards a pool & for some reason this Na-Na thought she could still run & gave chase.  Well instead I ended up doing this wonderful slow stumble fall combination that had no resemblance at all to style, grace or dignity.  The toddler skirted the pool at the last minute, so just to let you know my heart was near cardiac arrest during the whole gymnastic routine I was performing.  And lest you think it couldn't get worse, well smarty pants you are soooo wrong.  This all happened during a backyard wedding with everyone in the free world in attendance. The saddest part was that I wasn't even really invited, but that is a story for another day & requires a couple glasses of wine to make it its funniest.  So I had the circular needles in 15 & 17 that I needed & away I went.  Well cast-on row.  Now to join in the round.  Wait why won't all the stitches stretch?  Everyone else started theirs on circ's no problem, plenty of stitches to make it connect just fine.  SLOW DUH!  The damn cables were too long and these weren't interchangeables.  Grrrr!  Hiss!  DAMN IT!  I am NOT wanting to buy another set of 15's & 17's.  Then someone suggested I wait until...crap..I cannot remember what the suggestion was but I remember thinking it was brilliant because it meant I could put off knitting the sweater a little longer.  Now because I am a pain in my OWN ass, I  found that as soon as I was let off the hook I really really wanted to start the damn sweater.  I didn't tell the crew though cuz I thought it might just be too much for them to find out at that particular moment how warped I am & the thought of being thrown out of this squad of delightful lunatics was just too much to think about after being sick since January.  I did not get any pictures this week as I was too busy flapping my gums.  It was nice to see Georgia again & nice of her to invite us to Wednesday mornings for another knitting group meeting.  I am hoping to go, though me and mornings aren't always on a first name basis.  Their was a new knitter there named Michelle...Oh please God let me have gotten the name right, she was knitting a cute diaper soaker, only having learned to knit a couple of weeks ago...she is doing extremely well.  I would not have guessed by her lovely tension that she was such a new knitter..you go girl & welcome!  I hope I didn't scare her off...I was on a mix of chocolate & full bodied dark roast coffee.  To say I was being obnoxious is beyond polite!  Personally I would have tied me up in dirty cheap acrylic, if I were them LOL!  Anyhow...good Lord I ramble...I have to sit & think on how I am going to get the needles for this sweater & what to do with the other ones.  I do not need 15's & 17's in both 20" cables & 24" cable which the 24" is what I have in both..too long and Grrrr!  Erin was making a Harry Potter scarf & cursing & growling & I think at times she might have been strangling the scarf under the table...very vicious heeheee...she caught the terminal scarfus never endus disease every knitter gets when knitting a scarf.  I did the only polite thing I could think of & told her she was correct that the disease has no cure & she was right in thinking the damn scarf would never be finished needing just a few more rows!  I did mention I was under the influence of chocolate AND dark roast coffee right?  Okay..others were diligently knitting away & stuff but if I don't end this now I am going to have to start adding chapters to this blog & that ain't cool LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment