Sunday, March 20, 2011

Neighborhood Knits is returning!

I don't know if anyone had heard the news, but Neighborhood Knits has a new owner and will be reopening!  For those fans of the little yarn shop in Dearborn, this should be some seriously happy news.

The new owner is in process of setting up the legal end of things and is going to be relocating the shop to a larger space with more parking (still in Dearborn, of course), so it will take some time before it's back.  However, the simple news that it's not gone for good had elated this fiber fiend.

Don't for one minute think that this is traitorous or I am turning my back on my beloved LYS.  Riverside Yarn Gallery is still my number one shop in my heart of hearts.  With the loss of so many fiber craft related shops around Michigan in the last several months, it just makes me extremely happy to know that we will still have at least two quality shops Downriver.  Detroit and beyond has so many in there vicinities, that it was starting to feel like us "river rats" were being forgotten.

So, yay for Neighborhood Knits enduring!  Fiber for all!  Between NK and RYG, I know us Downriver stitchers will be more than well taken care of!

Off to crochet more on the Ripple Shawl now.

Stay crafty! :D

ETA:  I almost forgot!  You can keep informed on the progress of NK at The Neighborhood Knitter Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment