Friday, February 18, 2011

Thursday Febuary 17th Knit Night

So it is Thursday again so that must mean knit night.  We had a nice group tonight and I am not sure how much knitting got done, but I know there was A LOT of laughing and teasing going around.  It was nice to see some returns of new faces and some old (meaning quite young LOL) faces.  Great to see a newby Chris again & we might have to take her out of the newby category after 3 weeks now.  Joann came to the shop for a yarn fix & it was nice to see her and her lovely scarf.  It has been forever since we have seen her & her grandbabies picture, with them all in the tub was just too adorable.  Suzy thanks for buying me a candy bar & cookies...a must for every knitter heeheehee!  Laura did some shopping at a yarn shop that is going out of business and played show & tell with her new purchases.  Chris has a brand new yarn baby we all passed around and molested.  Here is the picture of the poor mauled yarn, it is yummy!
The curly scarf is one Chris is knitting for her granddaughters American Girl doll as she finished the one from two weeks ago for her granddaughter.

 Above please note the pink hi lighting tape Ev & I bought this week.  Cannot wait to try it on an actual pattern.  Lost my place on a stocking while talking one knit night and ended up with a heel that was wacky cuz I missed a whole line of the set up...oopsy...hopefully this tape will take care of that.  Have been told it is awesome & 1 roll will last a long time.


 Here are the next yarns for yet another stocking.  I am on stocking 3 of like 12 I think...last time I counted anyhow. PS: I HATE knitting with fun fur...only for my granddaughter!


 My newest yarn babies I bought tonight (must support our LYS..which makes me practically a flipping saint)


 These lovelies are for more of those moccasin & Mary Jane slippers for my grandbabies & company!
 Here is the first Moccasin slipper almost done.  I just have to sew it up and add the sock, which you knit attached to it.  It's really just the cuff.  This slipper knit up really fast.  I could easily bang a pair out in a day if I wanted to.  I also bought the Mary Jane version which is adorable & I cannot wait to do a pair of those.  I made this one in the smallest toddler size for my 7 month old moose grandson and I think it might be too small...argh..that big footed child.
Here is Suzy & her awesome green Christmas stocking.  This is her first one, never having done a sock either and her heel flap is looking awesome...great tension girl!

 So the secret is out, Erin is not knitting a bra but a really pretty dish clothe for her Mama!  Congrats on the new house & good luck with the move next week.
 And then there's Laura Vamping with the yarn.  She's wearing her new purse she purchased at the yarn shop going out of business...the purse is too cute & she was gracious enough to let us all drool over it.  You can't see it & I am not sure I really did either but I am pretty sure as soon as I took this picture Laura turned around and was sniffing the yarn...hmph..some people just cannot be trusted around fiber, LOL!
I took this picture of Ev's project & it stinks...the photo, not the project.  This is a crocheted purse she will be felting with really cool large pleats in it.  The pattern is gorgeous & I cannot wait to get a better picture of this and of it done.  It is such a girly purse pattern & I think really a different pattern too.  She is using a really pretty grey yarn for the purse.
I took a picture standing outside of our local yarn shop & where we meet on Thursdays!
 I promise that is the last picture tonight & I will stop torturing ya'll now.
Tonight was a blast & I was glad to be well enough to make it tonight.  The most laughing I have done all week.  Thanks ladies for another great Stitch n Bitch!




2 comments:

  1. I am SO jealous! I'm definitely making it next week, come hell or high water! Everyone's projects look so faboo! WTG ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah it was a fun night and we missed you.

    ReplyDelete