Thursday, February 3, 2011

Stitch N Bitch


Who is posting right now? Crystal Sutliff
Who was there? Amy, Laura, Erin, Evelyn, Suzi & Crystal!
We also had a new lady join us named Chris & she was a sport.  Ev & I came in doing some good natured poking at each other and I encouraged Chris to join right in, which she did.  I knew I was going to like her right away.  Then she is knitting this beautiful Curly Q scarf in a yarn that was drool worthy and informs me she hauled herself all the way the way back to Frankenmuth (a little over 2 hours away) to learn how to do the pattern.  When you read this pattern on first look it is strait forward...wait for it...look again..now cross your eyes and drive a little over two hours to Frankenmuth and take leasons, LOL, it definately has a trick to it.  Good for you Chris for getting it.  Erin finished this adorable skirt with knit in bloomers that are flat out scrummy yummy and I cannot wait till she gives this gift to the little one she knit for and brings us a picture of the baby girl wearing this.  She is also knitting little short...everyone say aaawwwweeeee!  This girl is just a knitting maniac.  She is just not afraid to tackle anything...she inspires me. 
Amy is currently crocheting a baby hat for her little diva girl Moira.  She just started to learn crochet and has taken off like she was born to it.  The hat I will be posting that she is wearing she just made up as well as the flowers she made to put on it..I know...amazing right!
Dani is knitting a Green & yellow sock and she is our resident sock knitting guru.  This girl fears no knit pattern at all and has a stash to rival a large knit shop.  She has a great big smile and will share knitting with anyone who needs a hand..but watch your yarn..she is a sniffer LOL!
Suzi is our resident large needle knitter.  She has problems with her hands and the larger needles allow her too knit and give her hands exercise without hurting her hands.  This girls tension was beautiful from the time she started knitting.  She also does crochet.
Next up is Evelyn.  We call her our resident hooker.  She is both the voice of reason & crazy.  She is a fantastic crocheter & we all fight over her crocheted dish cloths...they are the absolute best dish cloths...beating out knitted even..I am telling you....the best!  Will have to get her to take her crocheted purses out of hiding and picture some here...they are amazing.  Will also have to show and tell you about the amazing, scary growing scarf she made me...it is a hoot!
And last but  not least is Laura.  She is a little firecracker and has mad skills as well as super powers.  She knits & crochets and did I mention she is blind...humph..blind my butt..she sees more than most people who are sited.  I cannot get away with anything with her..she freaking SEES everything LOL!  She does adorable knits.  I happened to win her crochet mitten ornament last December at our ornament exchange party...lucky me.  She is currently doing Fair Isle in a hat and the yarn, colors and her knitting are beautiful!  
Me?  Well I was working on another Red & white Christmas stocking.  I am currently making hat & mitten sets for next Christmas..Yup am starting already...and am making all my kids & Grandkids new stockings for my house so I can pass on their childhood stockings and still have some to stuff for them at my house.  I hope to take a Wallaby Sweater from five years ago that I never finished to next week to get help with.  Somehow screwed up the underarm sew up join so bad I cannot figure it out and it has sat here not being loved or worn for 5 long years.  I really really really messed up under there...and that is all that needs done and I can finally wear the darn thing.  Procrastinator?  Who Me? heeheehee..cough..umm..Yah!
We did a lot of laughing, knitting, crocheting & eating this week and it was a wonderful break in the week!  See you all here next week, unless one of us has something wonderfully fiberiffic to add!  I will post pictures from this weeks meeting in the next post...it will be the pictures only.  
Have a Kniteriffic night!
Crystal



No comments:

Post a Comment